Implant Dentist, Dr. Peete Lewis – Dental Implants in Murfreesboro
Placing implants is a type of oral surgery that Murfreesboro dental implant dentist, Dr. Lewis can do when a person is missing one or more teeth. The complete process from implanting the cylinder to placing the crown or fake tooth typically takes several months. Below is an explanation of what the dental implant process entails for our Murfreesboro patients.
1. Dr. Lewis places a titanium cylinder (rod) into the jaw bone. This procedure typically takes about 30 minutes. Once the metal cylinder implant is placed, it must be left for several months to heal with the bone.
2. After the implant has finished that phase and healed into the jaw bone, than it’s ready for the dental crown which is connected to the implant by an abutment. The abutment is a post that fits inside the cylinder implant and sticks out high enough to fit the crown on top. The crown is cemented to the abutment and dental implant procedure is complete.
“Most patients are very pleased at how easy it is,” says Dr. Lewis. “Patients have told me that getting implants is easier than having a tooth removed.”
Dr. Lewis likes getting his patients in Murfreesboro dental implants because receiving the implants can completely change their lives. Chewing, tasting, speech can all be restored. Along with replacing teeth, dental Implants can stabilize dentures so people who have dentures can now bite into an apple or steak without worry of embarrassing denture mishaps.
Reasons Murfreesboro patients get dental implants:
• Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
• Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space.
• Restore a patient’s confident smile.
• Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
• Restore or enhance facial tissues.
• Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable.
If you are considering dental implants in Murfreesboro please contact us or schedule an appointment online.